- Dialogue with state AVGC associations
- Exploration of AVGC startup ecosystem
- Focus on esports, role of technology &
- Indian talent behind Hollywood hits
The animation, visual effects and gaming sector is set to witness high level action and excitement with the start of the second edition of CII AVGC summit, called CII SummitFX 2021 which has become a league in itself in a short span of time. The six-day virtual extravaganza which begins on from today, 24 August, is being organised in partnership with the Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting; State Government of Karnataka and Software Technology Parks of India, in addition to a host of other high level partners.
With AVGC fast becoming the star of the media and entertainment sector, backed by technology, digital innovations and high-speed internet connectivity, the industry is galloping towards a maturity which now warrants a separate national-level policy. CII SummitFX 2021 will have a policy dialogue on this subject as well as other regulatory issues which need ironing out for smooth expansion of the industry.
The summit will see eminent speakers from all over the globe and is supported by some of the largest players in the industry such as Technicolor, Mobile Premier League, Dell, Accenture, Autodesk, BARC, JIO Studios, Viacom 18 and many more.
Key speakers at CII SummitFX 2021 will include the following:-
- Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology additional secretary Dr. Rajendra Kumar
- Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology director general, STPI Dr Omkar Rai
- CII National Committee on Media & Entertainment chairman and The Walt Disney Company India & Star India country manager and president K Madhavan
- CII National Committee on M&E vice chair, CII Sub Committee on AVGC & Immersive Media chair and India Technicolor country head Biren Ghose
- CII’s India@75 Council chairman and JetLine Group of Companies vice chairman & managing director Rajan Navani
- CII National Committee on Media & Entertainment co-chairman, Producers Guild of India president and Roy Kapur Films founder & managing director Siddharth Roy Kapur
- Asian Academy of Film & Television and Noida Film City founder and president Sandeep Marwah
- Mobile Premier League (MPL) co-founder & CEO Sai Srinivas Kiran G
- DNEG president, Global Production and Operations Merzin Tavaria
- MPC Film Ben Jones (VES Winner & Academy Award Nominee for VFX supervisor – Disney’s The One and Only Ivan)
- Emmy Award Winner & supervising director, Disney’s The Chicken Squad Elliot M. Bour
- Humanitas Prize & Emmy Award-winning writer, co-producer & story editor, Disney’s The Chicken Squad Rachel Ruderman
- Mr X Adelaide animation director and Oscar Award nominee for VFX on Love and Monsters Matt Everitt
The virtual summit will have multiple tracks providing thought leadership and insights to help businesses develop and add value to content creators, broadcasters, buyers, studios, production houses, publishers, distributors, technology providers & developers of original content across the AVGC landscape.
The Indian Media & Entertainment (M&E) industry is rapidly transforming itself as a key driver of economic growth both globally and internationally. It is currently on track to be the fastest growing M&E industry globally and is expected to cross the four trillion INR mark by 2025. The industry’s contribution to the nation’s GDP is fundamental to India becoming a USD five trillion economy in the coming years. The industry is home to some of the most creative minds and has continued to be a significant contributor to employment generation.
With growing broadband subscriptions, and smartphone user base, the digital infrastructure that is currently in place, and growing, will act as the backbone to the industry’s growth. The advent of the pandemic has accelerated digital adoption across the country, with consumption levels reaching new highs.
Although COVID has slowed down post production and VFX, the Indian talent pool already has a niche in the global market with multiple Oscar winning films having their special effects being outsourced to Indian studios. As the film industry slowly revives, the Indian segment will continue to thrive and become fundamental to the production of movies across the globe.
The growing significance of E-gaming and increase in consumption of OTT content, due to the improvement in the nation’s digital infrastructure have also played key roles in the segment’s growth. Building the necessary infrastructure, while addressing the challenges these segments currently face is critical for the industry to grow.
CII SummitFX will see over 40+ Knowledge Sessions and over 100 speakers deliberating on a wide range of issues that cut across the spectrum looking to develop a cohesive industry engagement with core cross sectoral policy dialogues and strategic exchanges.
CII SummitFX 2021 will see experts from the UK, the USA, Japan and key states like Telangana, Karnataka, Odisha, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal and Jammu and Kashmir coming together to discuss the AVGC segment, and its transformation of India into a global leader. This platform will seek to curate and create an environment conducive to helping build a better future and achieve the targets of the segment.
Link to register is https://ciisummitfx.webconevents.com