Emmy award-winning Toon Boom Animation Inc. recently announced that it has signed a definitive agreement with Pegs’n Co, a privately held developer of 2D bitmap animation technology. With this strategic market consolidation, Toon Boom Animation will deliver greater animation solutions and reinforce its growth strategy in the media, entertainment and educational arenas.
“Toon Boomâ€™s software solutions are recognized as the market leading technology in the animation industry and the integration of Pegsâ€™ technology in Toon Boomâ€™s portfolio will enable the company to continue delivering quality, efficiency and reliability to the animation community – for all animation styles, formats and users,” said Joan Vogelesang, President and Chief Executive Officer at Toon Boom.
The animation technology solutions company also yesterday released ToonBoom Storyboard at the ongoing MIFA 2006 at Annecy in France.
ToonBoom Storyboard is a storyboarding system for visual storytelling, perfectly suited to traditional and paperless methods. Developed in conjunction with expert storyboard artists, the software speeds up production planning and enables studios with increased production integration.
Toon Boom Storyboard provides a:
* Flexible layer-based panel display with motion camera capabilities
* Complete set of drawing tools, including pressure-sensitive brush tool when using a digital graphic tablet and pen
* Customizable caption fields to insert fully searchable textual content, such as scene descriptions and comments
* Advanced timeline to control timing and automatically generate an animatic with sound tracks and transitions between shots
* Real-time animatic creation with dynamic camera moves
* Extensive export capabilities, including printing, image sequences, and Harmony/Opus, EDL, SWF and QuickTime file formatting.
“Toon Boom Storyboard is a must-have tool not only for storyboard artists but also for directors and producers. On one hand, it offers advanced drawing capabilities in an elegant panel window layout and the ability to preview the animatic in real-time with dynamic camera moves. On the other, Toon Boom Storyboard brings the production pipeline integration one step further by enabling producers to review and shuffle unlimited panels digitally and maximize the use of their existing assets”, shared Vogelesang.