Rokoko, a leading motion capture company for independent creators, announced the launch of the next generation of widely popular Smartsuit Pro, the Smartsuit Pro II. The Smartsuit Pro (a motion capture suit) is used by thousands to bring their characters to life using their own movement. Pre-order opens today for January 2022 delivery.
The mocap suit enables anyone to animate characters in real-time, at studio-quality, via a simple wifi connection to their computer running its free Rokoko Studio software. Creators can record, clean and edit the data in seconds, and stream it live into dozens of tools including Unreal, Unity, Blender, Maya, and iClone for instantaneous feedback.
“We’ve spoken with thousands of our users to identify what matters most and I’m confident that Smartsuit Pro II is improved on the points that add the most value for them and take their motion capture to the next level. Reducing drift, allowing for more high impact tracking, and unlocking multi-level tracking might not mean a lot to the outside world, but will mean the world to our users,” said Rokoko founder, CEO Jakob Balslev.
He further added, ““Every day we’re seeing new use cases of our tools. Especially the rapidly growing segment of ‘internet creators’ who are just finding such creative ways to tell their stories. We’re proud to be their tool of choice.”
Setting up the Smartsuit Pro II is effortless and the suit can be used anywhere. As the next generation of the Smartsuit Pro, the Smartsuit Pro II features impressive performance upgrades to enhance characters with richer movement, while speeding up the entire animation workflow.
The Key performance upgrades in Smartsuit Pro II includes:
– Ready for Multi-Level Tracking, so you can track elevation movement on stairs, ladders, and along the y-axis.
– Optimized for high impact use, so punching, fighting, and falling doesn’t compromise data quality.
– Better locomotion accuracy over time, catering for a significant reduction in drift, meaning more reliable and longer streaming times.
– Native integration into the Rokoko Smartgloves, so only one portable USB-C battery is required to power your entire motion capture system.
Other Key features of the upcoming product:
– Price: $2745
– Full body suit with 17 or 19 9-DoF IMU motion trackers (depending on whether purchased pre-configured for glove integration or as a standalone suit)
– Connect to your computer via Wifi (100m range) so you’re not limited by wires or cameras. – Washable textile (nylon based fabric)
– Takes less than a minute to setup and calibrate
– Multiple sizes (S, M, L, XL)
– USB-C battery operated, with six hours+ battery
– Multi-level tracking
– 16g Accelerometers
– 200 FPS streaming quality
Rokoko has released an ecosystem of proprietary hardware products that integrates seamlessly into Rokoko Studio, easy-to-use software to record, clean, edit, and stream animation. Their hardware products include Smartsuit Pro II and Smartgloves, while the software products are Rokoko Studio, Face Capture iOS and Motion Library.
Key features of the Smartgloves are:
– Price: $995
– 7 x 6-DoF motion trackers embedded in the design that run 400 Hz
– The motion trackers do not include magnetometers, so they are immune to magnetic distortion.
– 3D orientation accuracy ± 1 deg
– 2,4 & 5 Ghz – 802.11ac Wi‑Fi wireless networking
– Fps: 100
– Latency: approx. 20 ms latency on a standard WiFi router
– Range: Up to 100 m
Key features of the software, Rokoko Studio:
PC Minimum requirements: OS: Windows 10 (64-bit) CPU: Intel Core i5 3.00GHz Memory: 8GB GPU: NVIDIA GTX 980
Mac Minimum requirements: OS: Mojave 10.14.2 CPU: Intel Core i5 2.9 GHz Memory: 8GB GPU: Radeon Pro 555 2048MB
– Unreal Engine
– Cinema 4D
– Siemens Jack
All the products by Rokoko are designed for quality, affordability, and ease-of-use. The Smartsuit Pro II is available worldwide on Rokoko (www.rokoko.com) for $2745 or €2745. Rokoko Studio is available for free download from www.rokoko.com/studio for both Mac and Windows.