Yearly showreels put up by industry dominating organisations are not just another on-screen wizardry, but a glimpse of their annual hustle which is a great learning experience for interested stakeholders. Chaos, a world leader in computer graphics technology providing 3D rendering and simulation software solutions globally, has released its 2021 VFX and animation showreel giving a glimpse of amazing V-Ray works done in shows like Zack Snyder’s Justice League, Black Widow, Loki, The Walking Dead and so on.
Animation and VFX showreels are surely a visual treat. Chaos group’s showreel comprising a two-and-a-half minute clip showing some of the most notable uses of V-Ray in the last 12 months, is breathtakingly beautiful with more photorealistic images and other production upgrades. It features the works of 28 production studios.
Here is a list of the studios and their projects:
- a52 / Elastic – IKEA, Shadow and Bone (Netflix)
- Ambassadors – GMC
- Artjail – Volvo
- ASILE – Laguna Colorada
- Bipolar Studio – Porsche
- Blur Studio – Elder Scrolls Online (Bethesda Softworks), Fable, Rogue Company, State of Decay 3 (Microsoft)
- Bottleship VFX – Space Sweepers (Netflix)
- BUCK – Sherwin Williams
- Capsule Studio – Free Fire, Iron Harvest 1920+
- Colorbleed – KNGF
- Colorsponge / ALT Creative – Evinetta
- Crafty Apes – Loki (Disney+)
- Digital Domain – Black Widow, Loki, WandaVision
- FuseFX – Snowpiercer (TNT)
- Ghost VFX – Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Star Trek: Discovery, The Walking Dead
- Goodbye Kansas – Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Redfall, The Irregulars (Netflix), The Outer Worlds 2
- Korb – Makmak
- Lunar Animation – Mythic Legends
- LUXX Film – In-house project
- Mackevision – The Nevers (HBO)
- MAKE – Xbox (Microsoft)
- REALTIME – A Discovery of Witches (Sky One), Everwild Eternals (Rare), Subnautica: Below Zero (Unknown Worlds Entertainment), The Watch (BBC)
- Rooxter Films – The Seahorse Trainer
- Saddington Baynes – Singer Reimagined
- Scanline VFX – Black Widow, Free Guy (20th Century Studios), Zack Snyder’s Justice League
- Stage 23 – Rising Wolf/Ascendant (Samuel Goldwyn Films)
- Vetor Zero – Toyota
- Zoic Studios – Superman & Lois, Sweet Tooth (Netflix)
The spectacular showreel takes us on a ride through the magical world of Netflix’s Shadow and Bone, mid-air action sequence of Black Widow and many more visual delights used across advertising and gaming industries.
With recent product updates bringing more photorealism, built-in compositing and USD support, V-Ray continues to offer artists new ways to design and create.
Hailing the talented teams behind the annual marvels, Chaos Group tweeted, “Our all-new VRay Showreel is here — and it’s our most epic yet! Experience the limitless talent & imagination from 25+ of the hottest studios worldwide in a showcase of stunning VFX featured in recent TV & cinema”.
These showreels have always been an inspiration for artists all over the world. The sneak-peak opens creative avenues to sharpen their skills and make them understand the latest use of technology.