Gaming festival organizer DreamHack has officially postponed the remainder of its live events planned for 2020 due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The goal for all of us at DreamHack is to provide great experiences at our events, which thrive by bringing communities together for these shared and beloved festival weekends all around the globe. We have never had to postpone events like this before—but these are extraordinary times, and the safety of our attendees and staff has never been more important than now,” DreamHack co-CEO Marcus Lindmark said.
Unfortunately we are postponing the remaining 2020 DreamHack festivals.— DreamHack (@DreamHack) August 10, 2020
DreamHack Rotterdam, Hyderabad, Atlanta, Winter, and Madrid will all be postponed until 2021.
Read more ?https://t.co/uee7HK86kE
In May, DreamHack also canceled DreamHack Dallas, DreamHack Summer, and DreamHack Montreal due to COVID-19 concerns. But many fans were hopeful that the latter part of the year would be open for possible events.
The affected events include:
- DreamHack Rotterdam — originally scheduled for 16 October to 18 October, 2020
- DreamHack Hyderabad — originally scheduled for 31 October 1November 2020
- DreamHack Atlanta — originally scheduled for 13 November to 15 November, 2020
- DreamHack Winter — originally scheduled for 27 November to 29 November 2020
- DreamHack Madrid — originally scheduled for 11 December 13 December 2020
DreamHack currently is running its ongoing Open Summer series online, with divisions in Europe, North America, Asia and Oceania.