It’s a celebration of content galore! In honour of the second anniversary of Disney+, The Walt Disney Company will host Disney+ Day, a global celebration that will come to life across all dimensions of the Company on 12 November. Subscribers of Disney+ Hotstar will be treated to exciting new content releases including much awaited series and digital premieres of blockbuster movies.
Viewers will be treated with Hotstar Specials’ series Special Ops 1.5, the highly-anticipated addition to the Special Ops Universe helmed by Neeraj Pandey, starring Kay Kay Menon as the mastermind RAW agent, Himmat Singh. They will also be able to enjoy Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings, Jungle Cruise and Home Sweet Home Alone, along with all-new content from the service’s iconic brands, Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and Star in international markets.
As a part of the celebration, non-subscribers will also gain access to preview 100 hours of content across genres, participate in exciting new social promotions and experiences across the company as an added offering to the celebrations.
“The inaugural Disney+ Day will be a grand-scale celebration of our subscribers across the entire company. This day of appreciation brings to life our mission to entertain, inform, and inspire fans and families around the globe through the power of unparalleled storytelling, and will become an annual tentpole event to be amplified across our global businesses,” said The Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Chapek.
Disney+ Day will feature content premieres from all of the marquee brands on service, including:
- The all new season of the smash hit Indian spy-thriller Special Ops 1.5
- The streaming premiere of Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings
- The beloved Disney family-friendly adventure film Jungle Cruise, available to all subscribers
- The new Disney+ Original movie Home Sweet Home Alone, a reimagining of the popular holiday franchise
- An all-new original series of shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios called Olaf Presents, which sees Frozen’s beloved snowman retelling several classic Disney tales as only he can
- The domestic Disney+ streaming debut of fan favorite shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios including Frozen Fever, Oscar-winning shorts Feast and Paperman, Oscar-nominated Mickey Mouse short, Get A Horse! and more
- An animated short film Ciao Alberto from Pixar, featuring characters from this summer’s animated hit breakout film Luca
- A new short from The Simpsons that pays tribute to Disney+’s marquee brands
- The first five episodes from season two of The World According to Jeff Goldblum from National Geographic
- A special celebrating the origins and legacy of Star Wars’ legendary bounty hunter, Boba Fett
- A special celebrating the Marvel Cinematic Universe on Disney+ with an exciting look towards the future
- Dopesick, an original series starring Michael Keaton, which will be released in international markets as part of the Star general entertainment content offering
Also, more exciting content premieres, consumer offers, and news will be announced leading up to Disney+ Day.