Niantic celebrates a week-long of Pokémon Go’s Fashion Week 2021 which kicked off on 21 September and will continue till 28 September, 8 pm.
This year’s Fashion Weeks sees the release of Furfrou, the Poodle Pokémon, from Gen 6 into Pokémon Go, alongside new costume Pokémon a timed research quest and exclusive field research tasks for the event.Furfrou, is making its Pokémon GO debut during Niantic Fashion Week event—along with many of its forms! Keep an eye out for a variety of stylishly dressed Pokémon in the wild and in raids, along with new avatar items in the shop. In celebration of the event, the shop will be having a first-of-its-kind sale on select avatar items!
New form-change mechanic
Furfrou’s debut in Pokémon GO also marks the arrival of a new feature that will allow you to change the forms of certain Pokémon. Follow these steps to change Furfrou’s Trim!
- Furfrou begins in its Natural Trim.
- Select Furfrou in your Pokémon storage and then tap the Form Change button to bring up a menu that lists the available Trims.
- Select your preferred Trim.
- Changing your Furfrou from one Trim to any other Trim will cost 25 Furfrou Candy and 10,000 Stardust.
Trainers, Uxie, Mespirit, and Azelf are currently in Raids in their respective regions around the world. One can get a remote invite from a friend to raid these regionals till Friday, 1October 2021, at 10:00 a.m.
Some of its different forms will be available in certain regions around the world. Please reference the bottom of this post to learn how to use the new form-change mechanic.
- Natural Form: Available in the wild globally
- Matron Trim: Available as a form change globally
- Dandy Trim: Available as a form change globally
- Debutante Trim: Available as a form change in the Americas
- Diamond Trim: Available as a form change in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa
- Star Trim: Available as a form change in the Asia-Pacific
- La Reine Trim: Available as a form change in France
- Kabuki Trim: Available as a form change in Japan
- Pharaoh Trim: Available as a Form change in Egypt
- Heart Trim: Stay tuned!
- Look forward to Pokémon like Butterfree, Sneasel, and Blitzle wearing fashionable costumes for the first time! Costumed Pokémon that starred during last year’s Fashion Week event—like Smoochum, Kirlia, Shinx, and Croagunk—will return as well!
- The next part of the Season of Mischief Special Research story, Misunderstood Mischief, will unlock. Help Professor Willow study up on how Pokémon like Furfrou—and others that might surprise you—change their appearances!
- Complete Special Research to earn an encounter with the beautifully voiced Meloetta! If you have already accessed the Pokémon GO Fest 2021–exclusive Special Research, completing this new Special Research will instead earn you Meloetta Candy.
- Fashionable Trainers with fashionable Pokémon and more will be appearing at PokéStops throughout the event. Challenge these Trainers to earn rewards!
- Complete Timed Research for a chance to earn encounters with fashionable event-themed Pokémon! You can also earn an exclusive Furfrou Wig avatar item as a final reward. The Furfrou Wig will also be available for purchase in the shop after the event is over, beginning Wednesday, 29September 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT –7).
- Starting on Monday, 20September 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT –7), Fashion Week avatar items—like Hoopa Bangles—will be available in the shop!
- Certain avatar items will be on sale for a limited time! Make sure to check out the shop and find your next fashionable outfit at a bargain!
- In addition to Furfrou, costumed Pokémon like Kirlia, Blitzle, and Croagunk will be appearing in the wild. If you’re lucky, you might also encounter Butterfree!
- Costumed Pokémon like Sneasel and Shinx will be appearing in one-star raids.
- Costumed Pokémon like Butterfree and Kirlia will be appearing in three-star raids.
- The Pokémon appearing in five-star raids and in Mega Raids will not change from what has been announced previously.
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 7 km Eggs: Alolan Meowth, Galarian Meowth, Smoochum in a fashionable costume, and Shinx in a fashionable costume.
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Butterfree, Shiny Sneasel, Shiny Smoochum, Shiny Kirlia, Shiny Shinx, Shiny Croagunk, or Shiny Blitzle—all wearing fashionable costumes! You may encounter Shiny Blitzle without a costume after Fashion Week has concluded, but you won’t see Blitzle in the wild very often.