Logitech For Creators has announced the second annual Logitech Song Breaker Awards, the first music award show on Roblox. The awards honour groundbreaking creators shaping pop music through dance challenges, memes and trends they have created and shared on social media, especially on TikTok and YouTube, over the past year. The show will premiere on Roblox on 30 April at 10 am PST with three additional performances throughout the weekend. The pre-show experience opens today.
The Song Breaker Awards show is one the many creator experiences under Logitech For Creators’ “Together We Create” global campaign, that shares its vision of collaborating with creators to shape the future of creating together.
The immersive world is designed from the pixel up as a creator-centred, fun-first experience for the community to engage and play with their favourite creators in unexpected ways. The Song Breaker Awards will be hosted by digital entertainer Bretman Rock. Icon and multi-GRAMMY Award-winning artist Lizzo will also be making her metaverse debut on the Song Breaker Awards stage.
“I’ve had so much fun collaborating with Logitech For Creators on the show. I’ll be hosting, so you already know you’ll be entertained. I’m excited for the community to join us to celebrate some incredible and talented artists together,” said Rock.
Lizzo, who previewed her new song Special as part of Logitech’s DEFY LOGIC campaign earlier this year, will be performing the track on the award show stage.
“I’m excited to be making my metaverse debut with Logitech and to be performing ‘Special,’ which is a song that means so much to me. As a musician and creator, I love that Logitech Song Breaker Awards show recognizes the unique talent of all creators, and how each of them are making an impact on pop culture and music,” said Lizzo.
Other creators coming together for this year’s celebrations include the Peachy Princess of Roblox MeganPlays, Twitch streamer Shroud and musician and activist Jaden Smith. There will also be a music performance by singer-songwriter GAYLE, best known for her Billboard number one hit abcde-forget-u.
In the pre-show experience on Roblox, fans can ride an epic rollercoaster, collect Creator Coins, earn badges through gameplay to unlock special items, take a selfie XL photo with friends, hang out at the Creator Society Cafe and DEFY LOGIC Lounge, and buy exclusive merchandise like Pop Key hats, Litra Glow wings and Lizzo concert t-shirts for your avatar from the Logitech For Creators virtual store. Proceeds from all digital merchandise sales will benefit MusiCares, the leading music charity. Founded by the Recording Academy in 1989, MusiCares acts as a safety net supporting the health and welfare of the music community.
For this year’s awards, Logitech and Bretman will be highlighting 10 creators. These creators appeared on the Billboard Song Breaker Chart, a monthly music industry chart co-created with Logitech For Creators, to spotlight trendsetting creators who are driving music consumption through content creation and positively disrupting the traditional music business model.
Honorees include “Originators,” creators who started trends, dances and challenges, and “Amplifiers,” popular creators who are responsible for amplifying challenges to their audiences and the community. Honorees include:
- Cost n’ Mayor – Let’s Groove by Earth, Wind, and Fire (Remix). Husband-and-wife Austin and Marideth Telenko also collaborated with Logitech to motion capture the choreography of all honorees, to turn them into emotes on Roblox.
- David Vu – Get Into it (Yuh) by Doja Cat, Originator
- Dreya Mac – Own Brand Freestyle by Dreya Mac; Originator
- GAYLE – abcde-forget-u by GAYLE; Originator. GAYLE will be receiving the Song Breaker of the Year Award. Her song has had the biggest impact on the Billboard Song Breaker Chart, appearing on the chart for three consecutive months.
- JuucyJ – Might Be – Remix by DJ Luke Nasty; Originator
- JVKE – This is What Falling in Love Feels Like by JVKE; Originator
- Noah Beck – Dinero by Trinidad Cardona; Amplifier
- Vano 3000 – Running Away by VANO 3000; Originator
- Walker Hayes – Fancy Like by Walker Hayes; Originator. Hayes is nominated for his first GRAMMY Award this year. During the pandemic, Hayes and his family made TikTok videos for fun, creating dances for several songs from his album. His TikTok video for “Fancy Like” has received more than 2.5 million likes, which led to the song becoming a viral hit.
- Tracy Joseph – Love Nwantiti by C-Kay; Originator
“This year, we pushed the boundaries as we continue to reimagine what a creator-focused award show could look like. In building this immersive program in the metaverse, we’re taking inspiration from the online communities blazing the path in web 3.0. It’s not a one-way conversation, it is a two-way experience bringing creators and their communities together to create,” said Logitech global head of talent and entertainment Meridith Rojas.
“We’re always looking for new ways to bring unique, immersive experiences to our community. Logitech hosting the first-ever music award show on Roblox is exciting as we continue to push the limits of creativity on our platform and celebrate creators worldwide,” said Roblox VP and global head of music Jon Vlassopulos.