Pandemic has impacted every other industry including the gaming and esports industry. However, the gaming and esports sectors witnessed a positive impact. Today more and more players are opting gaming for not just as leisure but also as a competitive sport. This has seen a huge surge in the download numbers of the game and has also reflected in the sales of gaming accessories. According to Technavio report, the gaming headset market is poised to grow by $788.08 million between the year 2020 to 2024, and it is progressing at a CAGR of almost seven per cent during the forecast period.
The report states: “Technological developments and product innovation are the prime factors driving the growth of the gaming headset market. The market players can use these drivers to achieve growth opportunities. However, factors such as the easy availability of counterfeit products will challenge the growth of the market participants. To recover from the post-COVID-19 impact, vendors should maintain their positions in the slow-growing segments and simultaneously focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments.”
The report also stated that 51 per cent of the market’s growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China and Japan are the key markets for gaming headsets in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions. The gaming headset market growth in the APAC region can be attributed to the factors such as the growing gaming market in emerging countries such as India, Taiwan, and Indonesia.
In India gaming headsets brands like HyperX, Asus, Razer, Logitech and so on are quite popular among avid gamers. Not just that, some of the brands have been key sponsors of the esports tournaments in India. Adding to that, the brands have also roped in popular streamers, influencer players as part of their influencer programme to reach out to an even wider audience.
The price range of gaming headsets are distinctive in terms of its features; some are affordable while some can be very expensive. Here are our five picks of gaming headset under Rs 5,000:
Asus TUF GAMING H3 Gaming Headphone
Priced at Rs 3,113
- 50 mm ASUS Essence drivers and exclusive airtight chamber technology deliver an immersive audio experience
- Virtual 7.1 surround sound supported by Windows Sonic
- Tough, stainless-steel headband and yoke provide improved stability and durability
- Lightweight design ensures comfort while gaming
- Cross-platform support for PC, Mac, PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and mobile phones
- Analog microphone provides clear in-game communication
HyperX CLOUD STINGER CORE Gaming Headset
Priced varies from Rs 4010 to Rs 4,690 at different e-commerce sites
- Cloud Stinger Core is multi-console compatible and has convenient audio controls directly on the cable.
- Soft ear cushions provide a comfortable fit, and the flexible mic can be positioned just as you like.
- Cloud Stinger Core’s 40mm directional drivers and closed-cup design help block out distractions to keep up in the game.
- 50mm directional drivers for audio precision ; Frequency response: 18Hz-23,000Hz ; Impedance: 30 Ω ; Sound pressure level: 102 ± 3dBSPL/mW at 1kHz ; Cable length and type: Headset (1.3m) + Extension Y-cable(1.7m)
- Hyperx signature memory foam with adjustable steel slider
- Intuitive volume control on the headset ear cup
- Swivel-to-mute noise-cancellation microphone with multi-platform compatibility
- Works with PCs and PS4s
Corsair HS50 Pro Gaming Headset (Carbon)
Price varies from Rs 4,470 to Rs 4,799 at different e-commerce sites
- Crafted for comfort: Adjustable ear cups fitted with plush memory foam provide exceptional comfort for hours of gameplay
- Sound quality: custom-tuned 50 mm neodymium audio drivers deliver the range to hear everything you need to on the battlefield
- Lightweight and durable: The HS50 PRO’s lightweight and durable construction with aluminium yokes give it years of longevity
- Noise-cancelling unidirectional microphone: A fully detachable microphone reduces ambient noise for excellent voice clarity
- Multi-platform compatible: Play on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and mobile devices via a 3.5 mm connector
- On-ear volume and mute controls: On-ear volume and mute controls enable on-the-fly adjustments without distracting you from your game
- Discord-certified: For crystal-clear communication and outstanding sound
Razer Kraken X Multi-Platform Wired Gaming Headset
Priced at Rs 4,548
- Immersive, 7. 1 Surround Sound for Positional Audio: Outfitted with custom-tuned 40 mm drivers, capable of software-enabled surround sound when used for PC gaming (download code slip inside the box)
- Designed for All-Day Comfort: The lightest Kraken headset ever at 250 grams, around 40per cent lighter than the competition
- Bendable Noise Cancelling Microphone: A cardioid mic reduces background and ambient noises for crystal-clear communication
- In-Headset Audio Controls: Includes an analogue volume control wheel and mic mute switch on the headset for quick and convenient adjustments
- Durable Construction: The Kraken X frame is flexible and built to last, able to withstand daily, care-free use
COOLER MASTER MH630 STEREO GAMING (BLACK)
Priced at Rs 4,200
- Form-Fitting Cushioning – Removable, swiveling ear cups and mesh fabric cushioning for breathability and comfort for the longest gaming sessions
- Universal Connectivity – Compatible with PC, XBox One, PS4, Switch, and Mobile devices via 3.5mm jack
- Powerful Sound Quality – 50mm Neodymium drivers for rich, full-spectrum sound
- Omnidirectional Boom Microphone – Ideal for clear voice communication with reduced background noise
- Easy Portability – Detachable cable and mic with folding hinges for easy storage in a backpack or bag
- Sleek Styling – Classic Cooler master design with metallic side plates and matte black finish throughout the body