Electronic Arts and Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) has announced a new EA SPORTS FIFA 22 esports program anticipated to attract tens of millions of players and viewers. Featuring both 1v1 and 2v2 competitions, players will represent themselves, globally recognised esports organisations, real-world football clubs, and their nation in a diverse set of FIFA esports events.
The three competitions featured in the expanded esports ecosystem are the FIFAe Club Series 2022, the FIFAe Nations Series 2022, and the EA SPORTS FIFA 22 Global Series on The Road to the FIFAe World Cup 2022. The three pinnacle events of the series will all take place in summer 2022.
“FIFA competitive gaming is the future of global esports entertainment, enhancing how fans experience the game they love.FIFA possesses the pivotal platform for football fans around the world to insert themselves into their own sports story. In partnership with FIFA, the mainstream appeal of esports is evident,” said EA SPORTS Competitive Gaming VP Brent Koning.
“Newcomers, as well as established superstars – individually or as a team – will inspire entire nations of EA SPORTS FIFA players and get the opportunity to fame their game. A historic season full of thrilling competitive FIFA stories will captivate a global fanbase with this expanded ecosystem,” said FIFA director of eFootball and gaming Christian Volk.
The Individual Best – EA SPORTS FIFA 22 Global Series on the Road to the FIFAe World Cup 2022
- Qualification starts 27 November as the traditional 1v1 competitive FIFA format is showcased with online tournaments across 10 global regions. Register to compete HERE on 4October.
- In addition, more than 30 leagues offer esports programs, Official League Partners, including the Premier League, Bundesliga, LaLiga, Ligue 1, MLS, CONMEBOL Libertadores, and UEFA Champions League will give fans residing in each respective nation the opportunity to represent real-world clubs.
- The EA SPORTS FIFA 22 Global Series Rankings will be available on FIFA.GG.
FIFAe Club Series including the Debut of 2v2 FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT) Cups
- The FIFAe Club Series 2022 featuring 2v2 competition begins this November with the FIFAe Club Online Qualifiers and includes the new FUT Team of the Year and Team of the Season Cups on the Road to the FIFAe Club World Cup 2022.
- Prepare your FIFA.GG profile today, as registrations start on 5October.
National pride in the FIFAe Nations Series
- The FIFAe Nations Series 2022 will feature member associations competing against each other in this global 2v2 competition. Furthermore, national campaigns will find the top competitive stars.
- All nations will begin their journey at FIFAe Nations Online Qualifiers, with top national teams advancing to the FIFAe Nations Playoffs on the Road to the FIFAe Nations Cup 2022. Find out more at FIFA.GG.
“Football would not exist without the power of teamwork.Our objective is to harness that power and use esports entertainment to connect football fans around the world to the game they love. Team-based FIFA competitive gaming will be a growth catalyst for future football fandom,” said , FIFA Competitive Gaming Commissioner Sam Turkbas.
The Power of Competitive Gaming as Mainstream Entertainment
- Watch the first entertainment-focused tournaments of the season as celebrities, football stars and top FIFA competitors showcase the 2v2 potential.
- 30September: Watch legends across football, music, esports and entertainment raise money in the Twitch Rivals eSoccer Aid for UNICEF ft. FIFA 22. Pitting Team Soccer Aid World XI against Team England, tune in at 8 am PT, 4 pm BST to see who celebrates glory on the FIFA pitch.
- 21October: FIFA 22 Challenge will feature top ambassadors representing Team adidas and Team EA SPORTS. Reveal of the full participant list, and a special announcement for FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT) fans, will be later announced in October.