The leaders in 3D Animation and VFX training, Maya Academy of Advanced Cinematics (MAAC) hosted the 16th 24FPS Annual International Animation Awards 2018 on 17 December at the Sahara Star in Mumbai.
The 24FPS International Animation Awards of MAAC holds a position of repute in the Media and Entertainment Industry that honours the brightest talents in the field of Animation, VFX & Live action film-making across the globe.
- Best 3D Animation Short Film (MAAC Team) – Gold : Ooh Shit (MAAC Mumbai-Malad)
- Best Of 3D Animation Challenge (MAAC Team) – Gold : MAAC Chandigarh
- Best Of VFX Challenge (MAAC Team) – Gold : MAAC Indore- Geeta Bhawan (Team 1)
- Best Of Digital Film Making (MAAC Team) – Gold : Prabhav (MAAC Mumbai – Mira Road)
- Best Of UNIC – 24FPS Animated Short Film (MAAC Team) – Gold : Balance (MAAC Kanpur-Kakadeo)
MAAC has taken great pride in forging and fostering relationship with the Industry. Three year ago, MAAC constituted a new award category called Movers & Shakers. This award recognizes and validates the extraordinary contribution made by Individuals/companies in the field of Media & Entertainment.
Recipients of the Movers & Shakers Award at 24FPS 2018:
- Movers & Shakers Award for Outstanding Contribution in Cinema & Television – Swwapnil Joshi (Indian film and television actor)
- Movers & Shakers Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Animation Industry – Vaibhav Kumaresh (Founder & Director, Vaibhav Studios)
- Movers & Shakers Award for Outstanding Contribution to the VFX Industry – DNEG India
- Movers & Shakers Award – YouTube Sensation (Digital Content) – Prajakta Koli (MostlySane) YouTuber
Awards were given out across categories such as Best VFX Short Film, Best 3D Animated Short Film, Digital Film Making and others. The jury panel comprised of senior personnel from top production houses and institutions such as DNeg, Prime Focus, Technicolor, Tata, MPC, Assemblage, 88 Pictures, Makuta VFX, NY VFXWaala, FTII amongst others.
Here’s the list of winners in the external category:
- Best Animated Short Film (2D/3D-Student) – India: Maa Tuki, By Suchana Saha
- Best Animated Short Film (2D/3D /Experimental)-(Studio/ Professional)-India: Let’s Save Bobby by Eco Tropper & Weybec
- Best TVC (Animation/VFX) (Studio/Professional) – India: Steps from Studio Eeksaurus Productions Pvt. Ltd.
- Best Short Film (Live Action/Documentary) (Studio/Professional) – India: Katran by Prem Singh
- Best Visual Effects Feature Film (Studio/Professional) – India: Padmaavat by NY VFXWAALA
- Best Animated Short Film (2D/3D Student) – International: The Bolt Connection from Supinfocom Rubika School (Valenciennes, France)
- Best Animated Short Film (2D/3D) (Studio/Professional) – International: The House of Colours from Red Clover Studios (United States)
- Best TV/Web Series (Animation/VFX) (Studio/Professional) – International: Didi & Boodi – A Cloudy Day by Mona Abdollah Shahi (Iran)
- Best Animated Feature Film (Studio/ Professional) – International: Here Comes The Grump by Prime Focus.
Dignitaries from the media & entertainment industry graced the occasion, in the presence of over a thousand students from across India.
Around 600 International Entries from 70 countries were received with entries from USA, France, Spain, UK, Italy, Russia and many more contributing amongst these. More than 65 awards were handed out to the winners through the function from amongst 85 nominations by the industry experts in order to inspire and encourage them further.