Whistling Woods International (WWI) has partnered with Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) for proliferating film and media education. The joint program will offer graduate degrees in filmmaking, animation, media and communications and fashion.
Admission for the courses has already begun while classes will commence in July 2015. All degree courses at WWI will be awarded TISS degrees.
Talking about the association, WWI founder and chairman Subhash Ghai said, “A lot of thought and meticulous planning has gone into finalising the curriculum, faculty and the practical nature of the education at WWI. It is regularly updated keeping international standards in mind. Associating with TISS, an institution of high academic pedagogy is a step in the same direction; to enhance the quality of programs offered at WWI.”
TISS director professor Parasuraman said, “Filmmaking, Communication and Media Studies are as much a part of society as any other field. Over the years, TISS has always delivered progressive education in all the social sciences. We have closely observed WWI, interacted with the management team of WWI and observed that they demonstrate the same degree of quality consciousness as TISS. We at TISS felt it appropriate to partner with WWI to offer degree programs in Filmmaking, Communication and Media Studies.”
The various degree programs offered under the WWI – TISS association:
- B.A. in Filmmaking with specialisation – Acting
- B.A. in Filmmaking with specialisation – Screenwriting
- B.Sc. / B.A. Filmmaking with specialisation – Cinematography
- B.Sc. / B.A. Filmmaking with specialisation – Direction
- B.Sc. / B.A. Filmmaking with specialisation – Editing
- B.Sc. / B.A. Filmmaking with specialisation – Producing
- B.Sc. / B.A. Filmmaking with specialisation – Sound Recording & Design
- B.Sc. / B.A. Filmmaking with specialisation – Visual Effects for Motion Pictures
- B.Sc. in The Art & Technique of Animation
- B.B.A / B.A. in Media & Communication Studies
- B.A. in Fashion Design