Starting tomorrow, India’s multi-title international esports tournament- Cobx Masters 2019 is all set to pump your adrenaline for the next three days. The tournament will have a massive prize pool of approximately Rs 1,40,00,000* ($ 200,000) which will be split equally across two titles: DOTA 2 and Counter Strike: Global Offensive. This is the second leg of the Cobx Masters that was announced last year; Phase I of which was successfully conducted during the summer of 2018 across 10 cities in India.
To keep up the excitement among their audience the tournament team has announced a PUBG gaming zone where the winner will receive a prize of Rs 2,00,000.
Cobx Gaming co-founder Rajdip Gupta, – said, “The Indian eSports segment is still in a nascent stage and we are doing our level best to streamline it. The fundamental objective of conducting the tournament is to attract the maximum number of professional teams in India and placing India in the global esports map. With Cobx Masters we have addressed the long-standing viewership issue, ensuring the tournament reaches the maximum possible audience. We also hope to demonstrate to show the people that gaming can be a lucrative career option, not just for young gamers, but also for talented individuals who are a part of this industry. This is a big-impact tournament that paves the way for the future of the industry in India. With this tournament, we have made sure that the best of the world is at our door. The millennials will not just compete with them, but learn and improve their own game.”
Addressing the growing issue of game addiction Rajdip further mentioned that, “Anything done in a limited way is good. Along with basic education youngsters, today should also be encouraged to have healthy gaming routine. Thus, reducing the problem of gaming addiction.”
Said Cobx Gaming co-founder and CEO Mujahid Rupani, “Cobx Masters 2019 will bring to India, a global eSports tournament experience for the first time. The tournament will take place from 5 to 7 April 2019 at NESCO, Mumbai. We have already received an overwhelming amount of interest from people not just across India but also from neighbouring countries. It is India’s first major tournament crafted to help Indian players get great exposure to the international pro circuit.”
At the media conference held at The Westin, Mumbai, the best Indian, South East Asian and International teams and talents were present to interact with the media and share their expectations from the tournament. Some of the top names include:
International Players & Teams:
- Danil Dendi Ishutin & Team Tigers (DOTA 2)
- Gleb Funn1k Lipatnikov & Team Aachen City Esports (DOTA 2)
- Oliver Dickstacy Tierney & Team Grayhound (CS: GO)
- Hyun-Pyo XigN Lee & Team MVP PK (CS: GO)
- DeToNator (DOTA 2)
- Exclamation Mark (DOTA 2)
- Alpha Red (CS: GO)
- Boot Letou (CS: GO)
- Signify (DOTA 2)
- Entity Gaming (DOTA 2)
- Signify (CS: GO)
- Global Esports (CS: GO)
- Gareth Gareth Bateson (Analyst, Cobx Masters DOTA 2 Panel)
- Clemens dragondrop Wlockza (Analyst, Cobx Masters DOTA 2 Panel)
- Shane Shaneomad Clarke (Desk Host, Cobx Masters DOTA 2 Panel)
- Austin Capitalist Walsh (Co-caster, Cobx Masters DOTA 2 event)
- William Blitz Lee (Co-caster, Cobx Masters DOTA 2 event)
- Rami Dare_Dev1L Rahman (Analyst, Cobx Masters CS: GO Panel)
- Sudhen Bleh Wahengbam (Analyst, Cobx Masters CS: GO Panel)
- Jordan Elfishguy Mays (Desk Host, Cobx Masters CS: GO Panel)
- James JZFB Bardolph (Co-caster, Cobx Masters CS: GO event)
- Daniel DDK Kapadia (Co-caster, Cobx Masters CS: GO event)
- Efren encg Chuong
The mega event will be hosted by Alvaro DSwordfish Sanchez Velasco and Pinda Rika pindaPanda Dorji.
As India’s largest multi-title international esports tournament, Cobx Masters had generated a lot of buzz ever since it was announced. The scale, visibility and the talents it has attracted has been unprecedented by an Indian esports tournament.
Cobx Masters is title sponsored by Yes Bank. Sony Liv, the digital streaming partner, will stream the event live and the energy partner Monster will ensure that the teams never run out of steam.